Domains outside of ncsu.edu may be purchased and hosted at NC State for a number of reasons, such as protecting intellectual property, helping NC State groups collaborate with colleagues outside the university, and minimizing confusion. All such domains must be used for legitimate university-related activities and must be approved by NC State University.
Our Turnkey Service
For the convenience of engineering faculty, staff and students, ITECS offers a turnkey non-NCSU domain name service. You let us know what you need using our convenient request form. Then we:
- Contact you securely for payment information.
- Purchase your domain name.
- Configure your nameservers to point to NC State.
- File your paperwork with ComTech.
- Get permission from Security and Compliance to manage your security certificates.
- Generate a WordPress site using your new domain name.
- Set permissions for you to begin creating your site.
Please note that all domains outside of ncsu.edu must carry the following statement in the footer of their site:
Resources to transmit this content is
provided by NC State University.