- Administrative Use
- Administrative Use
- Legacy VCL
- Eos Labs
- Specific Teaching Lab
- University Owned Computers
- Virtualized environments
- Personally Owned Computers
Engineering simulation is playing a growing role in science and engineering at the university level. ANSYS provides a wide range of affordable technologies and services to help meet these diverse and evolving needs. Universities, colleges and research institutes around the world turn to ANSYS for high-quality simulation solutions to ensure that students receive the best engineering education possible.
- There are extensive help files in the download area below (select the "...Help Files.zip" files).
- ANSYS publishes video tutorials on the ANSYS How To Videos YouTube channel.
- Tutorials, a knowledge base, and support are available at the ANSYS Learning Forum. This is the official support method for academic customers.
The components included in our license are listed in a PDF on the ANSYS web site: Academic Product Portfolio. (On that page, look for the "Academic Products Features Table" link.) We have the ANSYS Academic Multiphysics Campus Solution, which is listed in the bottom row of the table.
Note: after a license update on June 25, 2021, versions of ANSYS Electronics Desktop older than 2020 R2 no longer work. This is a limitation of the new licensing method used by ANSYS. Older versions will need to be upgraded; newer versions can be downloaded below.
In addition, users of ANSYS ED may encounter a licensing error when using certain components. Please see the ANSYS Licensing Change article for troubleshooting steps.
ANSYS 2021 R1 InstallationInfo you will need is as follows:
- Installation instructions can be found here: ANSYS: Installation Instructions
- If you are running ANSYS on campus, as long as you are connected to the campus network (wired or wireless), you do not need to do anything else. If you are running ANSYS from off campus, you will need to connect to the NCSU VPN before starting ANSYS; otherwise, you will get a license error and the program will not run.
Log in to view download links