SOLIDWORKS Student Edition
Dassault Systèmes | Website | Version 2022-2023
Available For Use By
- Administrative Use
- Administrative Use
- Legacy VCL
- Eos Labs
- Specific Teaching Lab
- Student-Owned Computers
Where It May Be Installed
- University Owned Computers
- Virtualized environments
- Personally Owned Computers
With SOLIDWORKS skills, you’ll have a clear advantage in the engineering or industrial design job markets. The easy-to-use SOLIDWORKS Student Edition lets you sharpen your skills outside the classroom as you learn to design better products.
This is one of three versions (Education, Student, Research) of SOLIDWORKS licensed for NC State. Please see the SOLIDWORKS Information page for details on which version to use and how you can get access to it.
Additional Usage Notes
- The SOLIDWORKS Student Edition license covers instructional use only.
- This license does not cover research usage, except when used for classwork in a for-credit class. See SOLIDWORKS Research for more details on using SOLIDWORKS for research purposes.
- This license does not cover use for purposes not directly related to instructional classwork; e.g., use with 3D printers or milling machines is not allowed. See SOLIDWORKS Research for more details on using SOLIDWORKS for non-instructional purposes.
- SOLIDWORKS Student Edition can only be used for instruction/coursework.
- SOLIDWORKS Student Edition can only be installed on computers owned by students.
- This is one of three versions (Education, Student, Research) of SOLIDWORKS licensed for NC State.
Please see the SOLIDWORKS Information page for details on which version to use and how you can get access to it.
- Students installing SOLIDWORKS on computers they personally own should download the installer directly from the SOLIDWORKS web site, using the instructions here:
SOLIDWORKS 2022-2023 Student Edition: Installation Instructions
- A video walkthrough of this installation is available on YouTube:
SOLIDWORKS Student-Owned Computer Install
This video was initially made for the 2018-2019 version, but it works for more recent versions as well. Just make sure to select the correct version at the SOLIDWORKS download page (0:14), and enter the new license key (1:52).
- The license key changes with each version. The latest key can be found in the "Installation Instructions" link above.
Download from Official Site