StarNet Communications | Website | Version 2.x and 3.x
Available For Use By
- Administrative Use
- Eos Labs
- Specific Teaching Lab
- Individual Computers
Where It May Be Installed
- University Owned Computers
- Personally Owned Computers
FastX displays high-resolution 2D & 3D X11 Linux applications with unsurpassed speed and security over LAN, WAN and Cloud networks.
- Note that FastX Server is only available for Linux. This should be installed on the computer that you are connecting to. This may have already been done by your IT staff if you are connecting to a campus resource.
- The client is available for Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. This is what you install on the computer that you are connecting from.
- Client and server versions (2.x vs 3.x) must match -- if you are connecting to a FastX 2 server, use the FastX 2 client to connect.
- The license server for FastX Server is: engr93lic.eos.ncsu.edu
Log in to view download links