- Administrative Use
- Administrative Use
- Eos Labs
- Specific Teaching Lab
- Personal Computers
- University Owned Computers
- Personally Owned Computers
At its core, Bentley Systems is a software development company that supports the professional needs of those responsible for creating and managing the world’s infrastructure, including roadways, bridges, airports, skyscrapers, industrial and power plants as well as utility networks. Bentley delivers solutions for the entire lifecycle of the infrastructure asset, tailored to the needs of the various professions – the engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, planners, contractors, fabricators, IT managers, operators and maintenance engineers – who will work on and work with that asset over its lifetime. Comprised of integrated applications and services built on an open platform, each solution is designed to ensure that information flows between workflow processes and project team members to enable interoperability and collaboration.
Training is available via Bentley LEARNServer. You must have an account to access the training modules.
Bentley CONNECTION Client login required
As of Summer 2019, when you run Bentley software, you will be prompted to log in to a piece of software called the CONNECTION Client with your Bentley account. Once you have created an account, you will be able to use Bentley software on shared (e.g. lab) computers, and also to download software if you’d like.
Instructions on creating an account and downloading Bentley software are linked from the "Download" area below.
Required Update to CONNECTION Client - September 2020
Bentley will be making a security update that affects Bentley accounts on 5 September 2020. Anyone running Bentley software will need to update their CONNECTION Client to at least version 10.00.19.31 to continue using Bentley software; otherwise, they will get a message that their software is unlicensed.
The CONNECTION Client will alert users that an update is available, and you can follow the instructions in that program to update the software. For convenience, we have also provided a link to the installer for CONNECTION Client v 10.00.19.31 below in the "Download" section.
See this site for more info: Security update - CONNECTION Client update recommended
SELECTserver phaseout - December 2020
Bentley is phasing out the licensing method for older versions of Bentley software, and recommends users upgrade to the newer "CONNECT" versions of software. These older versions will stop working in early December 2020. If you are using this older software, please follow the instructions on creating an account and downloading Bentley software, which are linked from the "Download" area below. Some examples of older software used at NCSU that requires update:
|Old version||Upgrade to|
|LEAP PRESTO 08.07.01.00||LEAP Bridge Concrete CONNECT Edition or LEAP Bridge Steel CONNECT Edition|
|MicroStation 08.11.09.x||MicroStation CONNECT Edition|
|Multiframe and Multiframe Advanced 21.x||Multiframe CONNECT Edition|
|OpenRoads Designer 08.11.09.x||OpenRoads Designer CONNECT Edition|
|RAM SBeam (all versions)||RAM Structural System CONNECT Edition|
Notes on specific programs
- PLAXIS 2D & 3D: These Bentley products are not part of the College license. Only Dr. Gabr's group in CCEE has access to PLAXIS, as they have paid for licenses.
- StormCAD: Gives a license error on startup, but does work if you proceed.
- SYNCHRO Pro: Gives errors about SYNCHRO 4D Pro being a trial on startup, and that the Iray plugin has expired. Both actually refer to plugins that are installed automatically but which can be disabled in SYNCHRO Pro by going to the Navigator menu > Options > Plug-in Modules and deselecting the Iray and iModel checkboxes.
A full list of the available Bentley programs is located here:
Academic SELECT Software Portfolio
- Please visit Bentley accounts and software: Instructions for information on creating a Bentley account and downloading software.
- Access to the above link is restricted to students in the College of Engineering and College of Design.
Log in to view download links