- Administrative Use
- Administrative Use
- Legacy VCL
- Eos Labs
- Specific Teaching Lab
- University Owned Computers
- Virtualized environments
- Personally Owned Computers
Today’s challenges will be solved by tomorrow’s designers. That’s why Autodesk gives students, educators, and educational institutions free access to our design software, creativity tools, and learning resources. With millions of professional users, Autodesk is a worldwide leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software for manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment.
- Autodesk offers much of its software for free for educational use.
- The free versions of Autodesk software may not be used for "work", e.g. by NCSU Facilities or machine shops. See this Autodesk education eligibility page for the specifics of these license restrictions, and the OIT Software - Autodesk FAQ for NCSU-specific info on this topic.
- In order to download free software from Autodesk, you must first create a free Autodesk account (click "Get Started" at the main Autodesk Education page).
- Autodesk uses a third party company called SheerID to verify that you are eligible for a free education license.
- The initial document they ask for is a scan of your campus ID. We are getting reports that some faculty and students are asked to provide further documentation to verify their eligibility, and that some are being rejected despite uploading additional documentation. In such cases, the next step is to email SheerID at customerservice@sheerID.com.
- Unfortunately, as this is software offered directly to end users from Autodesk, NC State IT staff is not able to assist with the verification process.
- Once your account has been verified, you can see a full list of software at the main Autodesk Education page. Each software title is displayed as a square tile. The interface is a bit confusing -- if you click the name of the software, you are taken to a page that shows pricing info. For the free educational license, click "Get license" at the bottom of the tile.
DownloadNo Download Available