Some chemistry homework that uses WebAssign requires a Java plugin in order to function. This is causing a Java security error that can be fixed by adding http://www.webassign.net and https://www.webassign.net to the Java exception site list.
- The exception site list is managed in the Security tab of the Java Control Panel. The list is shown in the tab.
- To add, edit or remove a URL from the list, click Edit Site List.
- Click the Add in the Exception Site List window.
- Click in the empty field under Location field to enter the URL.
- Enter in http://www.webassign.net
- Click OK to save the URL that you entered.
- Click Continue on the Security Warning dialog.
- Repeat to add in https://www.webassign.net