Keeping your device up to date not only helps keep your device’s features run smoothly, but it also prevents your device from being vulnerable to security threats. This article is a step by step guide on how to perform a manual Windows 10 update on your computer.
- Open up your start menu
- Begin typing the word “update” (search bar will appear as you type)
- Click “Check for updates”
- You should be at the Windows update page in settings
- Even if it is showing you are up to date, click “Check for updates” and see if any updates start downloading
- You may need to click install after the files have downloaded
- After the files have installed you may be prompted to restart your device (we recommend restarting as soon as practical)
- In some cases you may need to click “Check online for updates from Microsoft Update” to download updates.