Student Web Developer
The Engineering Information Technology Department plans, builds and delivers the computing environment and server infrastructure that most users in the NCSU College of Engineering rely upon daily. We support student-owned laptops and install and provision labs and desktop computers. We deliver 60+ engineering software applications to classes via lab and download. We also run a robust web environment for hosting and developing web sites and applications. The position is with our Web Team, which develops and supports services in use by the College’s staff, faculty and students on a daily basis.
- Experience developing in HTML5/CSS3
- Understanding of client-server coding in a shared hosting environment
- Implementation across multiple device formats (mobile, desktop)
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude to plan and complete assigned tasks
- Ability to function well in a team environment and adapt to changing conditions
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Apple Mac OS X and Linux operating system environment
- Familiarity with Git, Github, Laravel or Node development tools a plus
commitment of 5 – 10 hours/week in flexible shifts (min 2hrs/shift) expected Fall and Spring, up to 20 hours/week; summer work also available
Pay rate: $10/hr
1) On site at 111 Lampe Hall, NCSU main campus
2) supervised via Zoom.